Monday, February 13, 2012

Perfect Storage for Baking Ingredients

I don't know how many of you have storage for your baking ingredients.... maybe some of you do not and don't mind leaving them in their containers.  Well... I was getting really frustrated with all of my containers as they were all different sizes and looked like a mess in my cupboard!  So I started looking at what containers I had on hand and I realized that I had stocked up on GLAD freezer containers to make freezer meals in and I also realized that I had been collecting the HILLSHIRE FARMS lunch meat containers.  So I got thinking and transferred all of my ingredients I use most into the containers!  I then printed off the names of the items onto cardstock and punched them out with my scallop punch and taped them on the front!  Can I tell you how much I love it!!  They stack so nicely and make my cupboard look a little more organized!  The best thing of all is that I didn't have to go out and purchase 8 new containers, I had them all on hand!  LOVE using what I have and saving a little cash!
Here is what I have in the containers...
baking powder
baking soda
turbino sugar
cocoa
iodized salt
kosher salt
cornstarch
cornmeal


2 comments:

2busy said...

Great idea, and I just realized that when I redid my blog this weekend, I picked the same background as you...Sorry...

Olives and Pickles said...

neat!!easy and handy!
would you like to participate in a giveaway festival this month? pop up over my blog, here is the link to my first giveaway.
http://olivesandpickles.blogspot.com/2012/02/love-paper-dolls-giveaway.html
Patty