Wednesday, January 19, 2011

DIY fun cheap bird mobile

So I needed to make my little Max a mobile..... he seems to love the bright colors so I used the felt that I posted about the other day and came up with this this little number (with help from some other bloggers out there) I loved this idea for the red beads!! I actually had some red wooden bead garland from Christmas about 3 years ago...so I just cut it and wrapped it very tightly around the embroidery hoop I had picked up from a thrift store. I think I am going to paint it red however... Then I just used red embroidery floss to attach it to curtain clips found at IKEA and then clipped those to the tops of the birds made from the felt. Found the pattern for the birds here!!!


Very simple but super bright and fun!
TOTAL COST: About 5 bucks!!