Tuesday, September 28, 2010

My Halloween Projects the last couple of days....

Have you seen the magazine racks lately??? Does this wreath look familiar? It is the wreath on the cover of Women's Day Mag right now and when I saw it I fell in love and had to make it!!! SOOOOOO cheap to make! I am not going to say it was a fast project but well worth the time I put into it! You start off with a foam wreath about 16 inches and cover it with black duct tape. Then start gluing the candy corns on changing directions every new row! Tie it with a ribbon of your choice and you are done!!! I hung mine from a really really old window I have hanging in my entry and it looks super festive and cute!

The other day I showed a similar triangular banner but made with fabric.... well as I was looking through my fabric stash I didn't have enough black and orange so I decided to use some Halloween paper I had from Stampin Up that I had never opened up. I just cut a triangle pattern from some cardstock and then cut all of the papers. I then had some black satin ribbon laying around that I folded in half and sewed to the top of the triangles in a big long line!! It too is hanging in my entry and I love how it turned out!





And here is the Halloween banner I made as well. I showed this the other day as well but it said TRICK OR TREAT instead. I didn't have enough letters to say that so I did Halloween instead! Also in the directions of how to make this it said to use newspaper as the backround but I had an old book that I tore the pages from and used that instead. Then I cut black cardstock with pinking sheers and attached bright green glittery letters to the black paper. The book paper is folded over a piece of twine that I hot glued. It was really easy to make and makes for a fun statement when you walk in our home! You may be able to click on it and see more details....

LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU ARE WORKING ON!!!



2 comments:

Beth said...

So cute! Love that wreath! I need to get going on my fall crafts!

Carmella 'n Sydney said...

I did the wreath! Love it from Women Day.