Sunday, February 15, 2009

A Happy Valentines a day late..........

Did you all have a wonderful VALENTINES DAY??? I hope so! Ours lasted until tonight.....that is because I didn't make our Valentines Dinner until tonight.... So here are a bunch of pics of what we ate to how I decorated...
These were yummy Napoleons that I found off of another great blog...Caddywumpus (thanks...:o)


Our dinner was delish!! We had a yummy chicken dish that had crusted stuffing over the top, a strawberry salad with red onions, candied nuts and apples with Raspberry vinigerette mmmmm and some crunchy french bread and steamed broccoli! My kids loved it (yay!!!)




Here I am putting the food on the table.......



Here is my family with one extra friend eating our Valentines breakfast which cosisted of... our family favorite, German pancakes that I dyed red, fruit salad with pink yogurt over the top and of course dyed pink milk! It was very fun and my family loved all of the RED AND PINK!!


















A look at our table...(the cute black cake stand with the glass cover... are you ready for this.... 9.97 at Sams Club last week!!!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!)





Another look (Pre-food) :o)



Here is what we ended up with for Valentines this year... The classic red heart rice crispy treats in cello bags and our GREEN ALIENS with a handwritten note inside..."Happy V-alien-tines" My boys loved these and so did their classmates!! I am making the felt fortune cookies to send to our extended family (I know it is late...)





Here is the decor I did for our house, not too much but just enough to add the Valentines spirit! (Above pic and below pics)
These hearts are just cut out of cardstock and hung with embroidery thread from my chandelier! ( I added some glitter to a few for some sparkliness!





Lollipop heart flowers...





I am loving this left over Christmas ribbon....






Some chipboard hearts that I "glitterized". They turned out cute above my big mirror! (Also left over Christmas berries that I thought worked for V-Day as well!!




Bigger pic of the glitterization...like my word???




This is truly one of favorite Valentine decoration items...a string of these paper hearts that my daughter made about 6 years ago when she was in 2nd grade!!
I hope you all had a fun Valentines Day with your families!!!!!!

Linking up to Tablescape Thursday

7 comments:

Ashley @ Domestic Fashionista said...

That wreath is adorable! How crafty...I would have thought you made it! It's adorable! Your food looks amazing...and your decor is perfect! Love it all! And I really love your blue book case in the background! Love that color! :) Ashley

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

This is awesome - it looks like you had a lot of fun!

Half of the Style Sisters said...

Hello decorator/cook extrodinaire! Wow everything looked amazing. I loved your layered heart dessert, your pink fluffy german pancake, the decor, the table and I am dying for the glass dome on the black stand. Did you go back and get me and mom one yet? I gotta have it!! I am sitting in the airport because we can't get to St. George yet....we may end up in Cedar city. Can't wait to see ya next weekend. Love me

Jaime said...

Oh what a pretty day you had. You're so good. I've got a good giveaway on my blog.!

jonandsarahe said...

What is the brand name on that black Cake stand, my wife was taking the table cloth off of our table and ours ( that we bought at sams club also ) fell off and broke. she was devistated to say the least. can you get me the model number so I can suprise her with another one Pleeeease??? thank you, I can seem to find anymore at sams club and was wondering if I get the model number or brand I could get it somewhere else.. Thanks a bunch.

Style Sisters said...

Love this V-Day tablescape Tiff and the ideas!! Love ya,
Me

Alycia Nichols said...

This is really cute! You did a LOT for the decor, especially the hanging hearts!!! I had never heard of German pancakes..and the way you dyed them red is wild!!! As an aside, I really like your header. It reminds me of the show "The Partridge Family" which I'm sure you are much too young to remember! :-) Happy Valentine's Day!