Thursday, December 4, 2008

Super easy thrifty sweater beanies!




Click on this picture to enlarge it so you can read it better!





Ok so I just made this today in about 5 minutes! Do you have an old sweater that is yours or your kids that you just can't throw away but love the print on it? Well here is a project for you......... Take the sweater and cut the bottom into a hat shape like you see in my lovely pattern above, making sure that you use the bottom of the sweater as the brim of the hat so that it is a little snug fitting. I first cut it a little bigger than my head and then used my serger to sew it up and shrink it down in about a second!! There you go, that is it!! You could make little tiny ones for babies too! They are really cute and look great!

3 comments:

Just me said...

Oh that's really neat!! Those would make great Christmas presents! Thank you for sharing:)

Half of the Style Sisters said...

Tiff, you are one amazing crafter. So fast and cute.

I just challenged you to write 7 things about yourself and then pass it on to someone else. Check out my blog.

Love ya,

Shauna said...

SO, SO cute!!!