Friday, September 12, 2008

Recipe for the best PUMPKIN COOKIES ever!


My sweet sister-in-law, Liz, is the cutest thing ever and she gets so excited for holidays! She also loves cooking during the holiday season...well years ago she made these cookies and I fell in love with them instantly!!! I think they are the best pumpkin cookies ever! My kids can not stay out of the kitchen when I make them! They love to help me frost them too :o) Here is the recipe:
1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 15 oz. can pumpkin
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cup flour (add last)
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. allspice
1 cup raisins or chocolate chips (opt.)
Mix the wet ingredients and then add the dry ingredients. Bake at 350 for 12-15 mins. Then when they are cooled frost them with this frosting:
2 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
less than a Tbls. of butter
1 Tbls. milk
Mix together and frost the cookies!!
Bon appetit!!

No comments: